Monday, September 19, 2016
02:45 PM - 04:15 PM
What are the essential components of a data platform? This tutorial will explain how the various parts of the Hadoop, Spark and big data ecosystem fit together in production to create a data platform supporting batch, interactive, and real-time analytical workloads.
By tracing the flow of data from source to output, we’ll explore the options and considerations for components, including:
- Acquisition: from internal and external data sources
- Ingestion: offline and real-time processing
- Analytics: batch and interactive
- Providing data services: exposing data to applications
We’ll also give advice on:
- Tool selection
- The function of the major Hadoop components and other big data technologies such as Spark and Kafka
- Integration with legacy systems
A leading expert on big data architecture and Hadoop, Stephen O'Sullivan brings 20 years of experience to creating scalable, high-availability data and applications solutions. A veteran of WalmartLabs, Sun, and Yahoo!, Stephen leads data architecture and infrastructure.
A problem solver by nature, Heather is passionate about helping organizations leverage data to drive competitive advantage. She draws across a diverse background in business and technology consulting to find the best solutions for her clients’ toughest data problems.