Tuesday, September 20, 2016
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM
Modern data analysis is moving beyond the Data Warehouse to the Data Lake to utilize emerging technologies for predicting behavior, not just reporting on what has past. Yet for some business problems a Data Warehouse may be the right solution. This discussion will compare and contrast Data Lakes and Data Warehouses, how they are different, and how they can work together.
- Data Lakes, their uses, and architectural components
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- What are the major problems with Data Warehouses?
- How do Data Lakes solve these problems?
- Data Lake Architecture
- When is a Data Lake the wrong solution?
- How do Data Warehouses and Data Lakes work together?
April Reeve has spent the last 25 years working as an enterprise architect and program manager. Now she is incorporating her enterprise data management knowledge in new Big Data and Advanced Analytics implementations.
April is an expert in multiple Data disciplines including Data Integration, Big Data, Data Conversion, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Master Data Management, and Data Governance.